Welcome to part 2 of our series on image sources! Last time we talked about Pixabay, and today we’re taking a look at Unsplash. Let’s get right into it.
Unsplash offers over 3 million beautiful photos, free in every way. As Unsplash puts it:
- All photos can be downloaded and used for free
- Commercial and non-commercial purposes
- No permission is needed (though attribution is appreciated!)
They do, however, have Premium images that are not free.
What’s not allowed:
- Photos cannot be sold without significant modification.
- Compiling photos from Unsplash to replicate a similar or competing service.
Their categories are pretty awesome too. They have everything from wallpapers to 3D renders to architecture, nearly any category you could want. There’s no way I could cover all the features of Unsplash. So my suggestion would be to go check it out yourself!
I’ll be back soon to talk about Shutterstock Royalty-Free Images. Let me know in the comments below if I missed anything important about Unsplash, and what you think of it!